SEDATION DENTISTRY & GENERAL ANESTHESIA
Dental Phobia is a real fact that dentists are confronted with every day. Patients can sometimes experience negative feelings ranging from anxiety to dental phobia.
WHY AM I AFRAID TO VISIT THE DENTIST?
There are various reasons the most common are:
Bad experience in the past. According to some studies, this is true for some 80-85 % of dental phobias. This not only includes painful dental treatments but also psychological traumas, such as being humiliated by the dentist.
Fear of losing control. As dental care is quite personal and sometimes invasive, patients are afraid of losing control over the situation and/or fearing a negative outcome.
What Is IV Sedation?
This type of sedation is delivered intravenously and works instantly. An advantage to IV sedation is that we can adjust the levels continually.
HOW CAN I OVERCOME MY DENTAL PHOBIA?
Before visiting the dentist speak with your friends and family, anybody that will understand and validate your fears.
While booking your first visit at Versailles Dental Clinic mention to the reception staff/or in your email about your dental phobia, be as specific as possible, every detail will be carefully considered. Speak to your dentist.
At Versailles Dental Clinic all medical and nonmedical staff is trained to handle patients that experience dental phobia. If you are not sure about the reasons of your fear, we can help you identify it. We have special questionnaires available that will help you understand your dental phobia.
We’re here for any questions you have. For further help please visit http://www.dentalfearcentral.org/
USE OF SEDATION & GENERAL ANESTHESIA
Sedation or general anesthesia is determined on a case-by-case basis and may be recommended for patients that:
- Experience high anxiety due to fear or low tolerance to pain – it can help to prevent or address dental phobias (fear of the dentist);
- Have an allergy to local aesthetic or for whom local anesthetic is not effective in pain control;
- Require complex or invasive dental procedures, or dental procedures that would otherwise require multiple visits if performed without sedation;
- Experience a choking sensation (an exaggerated gag reflex), or have difficulty opening their mouth for a sustained period;
- Are unable to remain still during the dental treatment (due to a mental or physical disability);
- Are medically compromised or have special health care requirements.
Plan your travel to Versailles Dental Clinic in Dubai
The best destination for Dental treatments in UAE